Sunday, May 2, 2010

Reflections

The blog assignments this semester were definitely something I was not used to. I had to think outside the box to complete many of the assignments because instead of writing for an audience of one, I was writing for an audience of many. My writing structure had to change and I watched how my writing style changed. I am a very formal writer that prefers the structure of the old fashioned ways, but with the blogs I learned that using other methods to present material can be just as effective as the traditional structures of writing I prefer.

I noticed from my first post to other posts I have written that I had learned to condense points and ideas. I discovered that sometimes writing less will sound better and keep the reader from losing interest. I also found out that I tend to like to write about things that are passionate to me instead of mundane ideas and concepts. The assignments for us to write for the blog entries I felt had a purpose behind all all of them. I enjoyed the blog posts that made us draw knowledge and feelings from our innerselves and then had to express those feelings in writing. I personally enjoyed the food blog post and the Enneagram post.

Overall I am completely happy with writing blogs instead of hard copy assignments. I found it convenient and very user friendly when writing the blogs. The experience I had was good and I believe it was a positive experience for me to have in my writing career because it was something new and I believe all experiences build a persons character and allows us to draw strength and knowledge from it. I would be an advocate for blog writing instead of hard copy assignments. I enjoyed this class very much and the blog assignments complimented the teaching styles presented.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks Adam! Great reflection post. It's been a pleasure watching your writing evolve this semester. Have a fabulous summer, kid.

    ReplyDelete